Friday, January 6, 2012

A weighty issue

Due to my needing to have the pred and being hungry all the time dieting is a huge struggle for me, I looked into several different ways I could achieve my goal of loosing weight and gastric surgery seemed to be my answer, I got a referral to a bariatric surgeon whom my dad saw (and may I say he looks great!) and went through the do's and dont's
I decided to go ahead with the gastric sleeve bypass and booked it in, I was told i have to go on optifast to loose fat from my vital organs to make the surgery easier, I also had to come down on the pred, so I was determined and began tapering down right away.
2 weeks before surgery was ubooked I had a pretty severe asthma attack, went in an ambo from my GP to hospital and was in ressus for 3 hrs then stayed in HDU overnight, the pred was upped again and I cancelled surgery
I decided I should see Dr Jeffrey again as it has now been 4 yrs since I saw him, I was lucky to get an appointment within a few weeks as there was a cancellation and off I went!
He was ok with me having the bariatric surgery but wanted me to have a contrast abdo CT before to make sure I don't have any varices (extra veins coming out of liver)

No comments:

Post a Comment