Friday, January 6, 2012

Continued...

After a complicated pregnancy and a difficult birth I welcomed my gorgeous daughter into the world, I had pretty severe pre-eclampsia and she was induced when my bp was up around 170/110!
She was born with an apgar score of 3 and needed quite a bit of work to get her going, but she made it (what a tough little cookie)
I recall having a few times where I decided I didn't need my daily medication to keep my liver in check, I looked at the tablets as poison as I knew the side effects and I hated them even more than the symptoms themselves.
Each time I went off the meds my weight would drop down again and then I'd crash and the liver would flare up again to which I had to go on the meds again to get it under control
I think about this time the doctors were banging their heads against a brick wall with me as they could see what I was doing to myself but at that time I didn't give a shit!
By 2005 I finally matured enough to realize the medication was the best option for long term health so I started taking it daily, as expected the weight slowly started creeping up on me and I started to get my moon face back.
I did what I could to slow it down but with my asthma constantly banging at the door every time I tried to do some physical activity I had to up the dose of pred to keep the asthma at bay, I recall a few liver relapses in this time where my LFT's were getting up a bit but Dr Jeffrey was on top of it with the pred and azythioprine.
That same year I got engaged and married and by this time I had gone from a size 8 to a 14
We started trying for number 2 as soon as we were married but nothing was happening
Fast forward 2 years and 'finally' we conceived our boy!
By this time I was a size 24!!!
I had morning sickness (why they call it morning I don't know, mine was more like 'morning, noon and night') for the first 5 mths and didn't need the high dose of pred that I was previously on, it seems the body treats a pregnancy as a Foreign body so the immune system shuts down to a point and my liver was loving it!!
In November 2007 I gave birth to a healthy bouncing baby boy!
Upon leaving the hospital I was close to 40 kilos lighter that when I first conceived and walked out of the hospital in size 16 jeans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment