Friday, January 6, 2012

Continued...

So I am now happily married with my pigeon pair and life couldn't be better!
I had to up the pred again not long after having jack as my asthma was becoming a bit of a problem, then in August 08 after what was supposed to be a routine pap smear it came back with carcinoma in-situ on my cervix, it's when the cells have decided they are ready to turn into cancer but are not yet a tumor, I went to see an oncology gyno who did a cone biopsy and removed a large chunk of my cervix, the margins were clear and he was satisfied he got it all, I was on yearly pals after that but it's a small price to pay compared to the alternative!
Then in march 09 I was holding my 16 mth old and tripped on one of his toys
I went down Like a sack of potatoes holding onto my boy for dear life, I landed on my tail bone and felt the most insane pain shoot straight through me, I fought through it as we had a family holiday booked for that Easter but while on holiday I went down again, the trip home sitting on the plane was pure agony and I decided I really needed to get on top of whatever was going on, a CT was done on my spine and I had sciatica and the L5-S1 disc was bulging, I was having physio and on some pretty decent pain killers but the pain was horrific!
I told my GP she had to do something as it was getting worse and I was now unable to walk without holding onto something, I was becoming suicidal with the pain so off I went to see a neuro surgeon who ordered a MRI, the bulge had completely cut off the nerve and my bladder and bowel were starting to be effected, I was rushed in for a discectomy to which I woke up from with NO PAIN!
The surgery was a success and I found a new love for life, I thanked the surgeon for saving my life and I went on my merry way!!
In January 2010 I was referred to a gyno specializing in urology as I had been quite incontinent since I'd had my boy, nothing I tried helped and I was going through about 3 packs or more of pads a week!!
So after seeing him it was decided that I would get a bladder sling put in to lift up the urethra and hopefully stop me setting myself, to my amazement it worked!! I also had a tubal ligation at the same time as I didn't want to risk another pregnancy with my back, bladder, and cervical issues!
I am now morbidly obese wearing size 24 (the biggest I have ever been)
So I decide to do something about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment